Government policy is part of the carrying capacity of force to achieve the success of energy conservation in Indonesia. It is recognized correctly by the government for the implementation of energy efficiency policies in the implementation will involve many parties (holistic), from the level of the Ministry, Institutional state, local governments, universities, enterprises, companies, until society. Therefore, all agencies must be involved and be bound by the legal umbrella, namely government policy.
The government policy to support energy conservation policies that poured from the highest ranking of law (Energy Act) to the Regulation include:
- Law No. 30 Year 2007 concerning Energy;
- Law No. 30 Year 2009 on Electricity;
- Government Regulation No. 70 Year 2009 on Energy Conservation;
- Presidential Decree No. 5 of 2006 on National Energy Policy;
- Presidential Decree No. 11 of 2013 on Energy Saving and Water
- ESDM No. 14 Year 2012 on Energy Management
- Decree of the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources No. 0002 of 2004 on Policy Development of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (Green Energy).
Here is the regulatory framework related to the implementation of energy conservation:
Source: EBTKE-KESDM 2010